Time is Running Out to Sign Up for a Health Plan In 2014HAP's Feb. 12 expo for the uninsured answers "Obamacare" questions, offers enrollment in HAP health plans and a preview of what to expect from your health insurance
Detroit – February 3, 2014 – March 31 is the last day to sign up for a 2014 health plan. For those with questions about the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") or how to choose a health plan that meets their specific needs and budget, HAP's FREE Health Care and Wellness Expo is the place for answers. Free blood pressure screenings, mini chair massages and other wellness activities will also be available.
WHAT: HAP's FREE Health Care and Wellness Expo WHO: Anyone who is uninsured, employed and not covered, buying health insurance for the first time or has questions about “Obamacare” should attend this event.
NOTE- THIS EVENT IS NOT FOR THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. WHERE: Best Western Sterling Inn Plus Conference Center
34911 Van Dyke Avenue, Sterling Heights
(just south of 15 Mile Road)
HOW TO REGISTER: To reserve a spot, call (866) 700-0002 Monday - Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or register online at choosehap.org/expo. NOTE - An appointment with a HAP representative must be scheduled in advance.
Editor's Note -- HAP experts are available for interviews on the featured topics prior to the event.
At the Expo, attendees will:
- Get answers to your health insurance questions from HAP experts. Find out what you really need to know about the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare").
- Learn how to find out if you're eligible for lower costs and how to pick a health plan that meets your needs.
- Receive tips from wellness experts on knowing your numbers and other healthy habits to keep you feeling your best.
- Find out about health plan options and the benefits of being a HAP member.
- Have the opportunity to meet in one-on-one with a HAP representative who can help sign you up for a HAP health plan.