Need Support Through the COVID-19 Pandemic? These Community Resources Could Help
COVID-19 may have altered many aspects of our daily lives, but it's also illuminated an important fact: support and human kindness are all around. And they'll help us through the days ahead. While businesses and individuals are learning to adapt to a new normal, they’re not alone.
See how the state of Michigan, healthcare officials, HAP and countless community organizations are here for you:
- Henry Ford Health System – Find up-to-date information about COVID-19, tips for protecting yourself and loved ones, and answers to your frequently asked questions from healthcare professionals. Henry Ford also offers a coronavirus assessment tool to help you understand your risk.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Discover COVID-19 symptoms and how you can safely prepare your home. Find outlines and tips about travel, schooling, practicing religion, operating your business and more.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – Putting patients first by offering resources and tools to help patients work with their doctors and make healthcare decisions that are best for them.
- State of Michigan – Learn what Michigan is doing to fight the pandemic, what the Governor is saying and what Executive Orders are in place.
- Michigan 211 – Looking for fast, free, confidential help? Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Trained staff is always available to help you find what you need, and help is available in 180 languages.
- City of Detroit – Food, shelter and water resources, meal programs, city services and business help.
- City of Flint – Information on water distribution, food pantry directories, food sites for children, seniors and all residents, small business help, emergency housing and more.
- Oakland County – Help hotline available for Oakland county residents needing assistance with food, clothing, medical needs, etc. Call (248) 858-1000, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Macomb County – Resources, services and helpful phone numbers for Macomb County residents.
- Wayne County – A convenient place to find videos, articles, charts and resources pertaining to COVID-19.
- Jackson County – Answers to frequently asked questions, and state- and county-wide resources for residents.
- Kent County – Daily updates and statistics about coronavirus, videos from experts and more.
HAP is partnering with the following community organizations to provide support to individuals and families during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Gleaner’s Community Food Bank – Provides households access to sufficient, nutritious food and related resources.
- Forgotten Harvest – Delivers 138,000 pounds of surplus food per day to local charities six days a week, providing families in need fresh and nutritious food, free of charge.
- Greater Flint Urgent Relief Fund – Awards grants to nonprofits that address the gaps surfacing in key services for vulnerable community members.
- Feeding America, West Michigan – Helping West Michigan find food and resources throughout the pandemic and always.
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
- Michigan Small Business Relief Fund – Providing up to $20 million in support for small businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Offering guidance for businesses and employers, loan programs, resources and more.
HAP is proud of the organizations giving back during this time and always. HAP is here. Let’s be here for each other during this unprecedented and uncertain time.