What are specialty medications?
Specialty medications are usually injectable, infused, oral or inhaled. They require close supervision and monitoring.
Our Specialty Pharmacy Program focuses on patient safety, ensuring that you take these medications correctly. We ensure that you receive safe, effective specialty medications.
Examples of complex illnesses requiring treatment with specialty medications include:
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Infertility injectables
- Intravenous Immunoglobulins (IVIG)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Plaque Psoriasis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis injectables
- RSV Prevention
How to Order Specialty Medications
Pharmacy Advantage is the Preferred Specialty Pharmacy provider for HAP.Our goal is to make sure you have access to the specialty medications you need. Please refer to our Commercial Specialty Pharmacy Drug List .
You can order specialty medications without having to go to another pharmacy. Pharmacy Advantage offers medications that are not readily available at retail pharmacies. Pharmacy Advantage can deliver to your home or you can pick your medication up at one of their 19 locations in Southeast Michigan.
Call Pharmacy Advantage toll-free at (800) 456-2112 for a specialty pharmacy near you or have your physician fax your prescription to (888) 400-0109.
Services provided by Pharmacy Advantage include:
- Direct outreach for counseling and educational materials
- Support services to help you successfully use your specialty medication
- Refill reminder service to help you easily manage your medication schedule
- Nursing and social support in collaboration with your physician
- Free supplies as needed for your prescribed disease management programs (i.e. syringes)
- Prescription coverage verification completed on your behalf