HAP Senior Plus
HAP Senior Plus
Healthy living starts with finding a health partner that keeps an eye out for your well-being, and a health plan that combines a broad range of rich benefits, services, and programs that support a healthy lifestyle. You'll find all that and more at HAP Senior Plus.
- Value — Stay active and healthy with preventive care and wellness programs, including our seven online better lifestyle programs and a NEW Weight Management program
- Dedicated networks
HAP Senior Plus - Henry Ford
HAP Senior Plus - Henry Ford serves people with Medicare who live in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties and prefer to use the Henry Ford Health System. Henry Ford Health System operates as an integrated delivery system. Your Personal Care Physician (PCP) will coordinate your care and make arrangements for you, as necessary, to see other affiliated doctors and hospitals.
HAP Senior Plus - Expanded Network
HAP Senior Plus - Expanded Network serves people with Medicare who live in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Monroe, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties.
HAP Senior Plus - Expanded Network has two delivery system options:
A. Integrated Delivery System - If your choice of Personal Care Physician (PCP) is part of the Henry Ford Medical Group (HFMG), Detroit Medical Center (DMC) or Genesys PHO, you will be part of an integrated delivery system. Your Personal Care Physician (PCP) will coordinate your care and make arrangements for you, as necessary, to see other affiliated doctors and hospitals.
B. Open Delivery System - All other providers and hospitals in the HAP Senior Plus - Expanded Network operate as an open delivery system. Your Personal Care Physician (PCP) will still coordinate your care, but you may seek needed care from any HAP contracted specialist, and you may use any HAP contracted hospital.
With either delivery system, you must receive all your care from HAP Senior Plus providers, except for emergency and urgent care or out-of-area renal dialysis services. In some cases, coverage for specialist services may require a referral from your PCP.
- Coordinated health team — Select your Personal Care Physician, a doctor who knows you and your medical history and, as your health partner, recommends specialists and coordinates all your care to make sure you get the care you need, at the right time and in the right setting
- Choice — Choose responsive service. Rely on your Personal Service Coordinator for assistance and information
- Security — Travel with confidence, with worldwide emergency and urgent care coverage
- Experience — Rely on a Michigan-based company that's been serving the community for over 45 years
Who can join
Retirees of the Michigan Public Schools Employees Retirement System are now eligible to enroll in HAP Senior Plus if:
- You are enrolled in Medicare Part A and
- You reside within the plan service area, which includes Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Monroe, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties
You must continue to pay your Part B premium after you enroll, if it's not paid for under Medicaid or by another third party.
HAP Senior Plus is a Medicare-approved HMO. You must receive all your care from providers in your Personal Care Physician's (PCP) network, except for emergency, urgent care or out-of-area renal dialysis services. Coverage for specialist services within our HMO network requires a referral from your PCP, with some exceptions. If you choose to go to a doctor outside our network for routine care, you must pay for the services yourself. Neither HAP nor Original Medicare will pay for routine care out-of-network.
Other than emergency care situations, generally your prescription drug benefits are only available at contracted network pharmacies.
Can't find the information you want?
Call us for more information about our benefits.
(800) 801-1770 or TDD (800) 956-4325
Client Service Specialists are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m and Saturday, 8 a.m. to Noon.
At all other times, you may access our Interactive Voice Recording system at the same number.
From November 15 through March 1, Client Services Specialists are available seven days a week, including holidays, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Or mail your questions to:
HAP Client Services
2850 West Grand Boulevard
Detroit, Michigan 48202
HAP has a Medicare contract with the federal government to offer Medicare-approved plans. Our Medicare contract is renewed annually. The availability of coverage beyond the end of the contract year is not guaranteed. Please contact HAP for details.
Enroll | Contact Us | Site Index | Privacy Statement
©2010 Health Alliance Plan of Michigan