You've made your choice and are ready to make it official. You'll find that enrolling is easy. Please start with "When to Enroll" to be sure you are eligible.
• When to Enroll
• How to Enroll
NEW TO MEDICARE - INITIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
If you are newly eligible for Medicare, you can sign up for a plan during your Initial Enrollment Period. Examples include:
• Turning 65. You can apply up to three months before your birthday month, during your birthday month, or within the three months following your birthday month.
• A disability that qualifies you for Medicare.
ANNUAL OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD - OCTOBER THROUGH DECEMBER
Every year from October to December, people with Medicare can explore new plan choices. During this period, you can enroll in:
• Alliance Medicare Rx (pdp)
• Alliance Medicare PPO
• HAP Senior Plus (hmo)-Henry Ford
• HAP Senior Plus (hmo-pos)-Expanded Network
Please wait until October to send us your application form, unless you experience an event that qualifies you for the Special Enrollment Period.
SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD
This period has rules about when you can make changes and the type of changes you can make. Examples of events that qualify for the Special Enrollment Period include:
• Loss of union-paid or employer-paid coverage.
• Moving out of your current plan's service area.
Learn more about Medicare Enrollment Periods and your rights and responsibilities. Or contact us.
APPLYING FOR ALLIANCE MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT
You can purchase Alliance Medicare Supplement at any time. The best time to purchase your policy is when you become eligible for Medicare and enroll in Medicare Part B.